|If you are coming from the UK, then get on the internet and find your self a cheap flight to Vancouver International Airport.
There are excellent deals on Canadian Affair
Check out their special offers page. There are some silly low prices for early season breaks in June.
Air Canada has some great deals on direct flights.
Getting from the Airport to Whistler the options are renting a car or taking a shuttle service. If you are just staying in Whistler there is no point getting a car as everything you need is in pedalling/walking distance.
Perimeter's Whistler Express is a direct motor coach and van service from the Vancouver Airport to Whistler and is probably the best value option. Tell them you have a bike with you as you have to book this at a nominal extra cost.
Take a look at the spring/summer rates
Tel: 604-266-5386 in Vancouver
1-604-905-0041 in Whistler
1-877-317-7788 Toll Free
So you wanted to get the big pickup or SUV, yeah I know, we did it as well. Renting is not too expensive and gas is cheaper than mineral water. Rent from Avis, Hertz or one of the other big companys it's not worth skimping on this.
From Vancouver Airport (YVR) to Whistler
1. Drive east out of the airport on Grant McConachie Way
2. Follow the Hwy 99 North signs over the Arthur Lang Bridge onto Granville Street
3. Follow Granville Street north crossing the Granville Street Bridge
4. Shift to the far right lane of the bridge and take the Seymour Street exit
5. Follow Seymour Street north until Georgia Street 6. Turn left onto Georgia Street
7. Georgia Street takes you through Vancouver's lovely downtown core heading west, through Stanley Park (so pretty!) and over the majestic Lions Gate bridge
8. Exit the bridge on the Marine Drive West turnoff
9. Shift to the far right lane once on Marine Drive
10. Take the first right onto Taylor Way
11. Travel up the hill and turn left onto Highway 1
12. Follow the signs and take Exit 2 (just before the ferry terminal) to Whistler Hwy 99
There is tons of accomodation in Whistler and it's nearly all spitting distance from the lifts. The best thing to do is go to www.mywhistler.com and go from there, it all depends on how much you want to spend and how important it is to have your satellite TV. T
If you're on a tight budget, the Shoestring Lodge is excellent value for money at 17 to 26 canadian bucks a night for a single room or 55 to 110 for a double.
Located on the banks of Fitzsimmons Creek, 1km north of Whistler Village just off Hwy 99 in White Gold Estates
Contact Information: 7124 Nancy Green Dr
Whistler, BC V0N 1B0